CIMA professionals manage more assets and have more experience than most financial professionals. The certification helps advisors improve their practice—and deliver an exceptional experience to clients.
Here are six reasons to earn the CIMA® certification:
- Investment Management Content—Today’s client demands sophisticated solutions from competent, ethical advisors. The CIMA certification curriculum provides the knowledge, tools, and strategies to effectively set investment objectives, evaluate and select managers, and manage an investment portfolio for individual or institutional clients.
- Executive Education—To earn the CIMA marks all candidates must successfully complete a week-long executive education program at one of IMCA’s three registered programs: The Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of Business, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business or The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
- Elite Advisors—CIMA certificants are the premier investment consulting and wealth management advisors in the industry. With an average AUM of more than $230M, and more than 18 years’ experience, CIMA professionals represent the top quartile of the advisor community.
- Ethics—All CIMA professionals must adhere to IMCA’s Code of Professional Responsibility, and enforcement of disciplinary violations is handled by a professional review committee of peers.
- Rigor—The CIMA certification process takes most candidates nine months to a year to complete, but only one in three individuals who start the CIMA certification process will successfully finish.
- Differentiation—CIMA certification stands out in a crowded marketplace as the only financial services credential in the U.S. to have met an international standard for personnel certification (ISO 17024) and earned accreditation by American National Standards Institute.
Learn how J.P. Morgan Funds Management helps employees earn CIMA certification. Click here.
Click on the brochure images below for more information, or complete the CIMA program application.