The following information is a guide for manuscripts submitted for publishing consideration in the Journal of Investment Consulting.
- Manuscript length: 8–15 typed pages (6,000–8,000 words). Longer articles will be considered based on topic, subject treatment, and reader interest. Generally, the longer the article, the more spectacular the subject and execution should be. The Journal’s readership is a graduate-level constituency.
- The Journal's aim is to provide all of the complexity most of our readers need. Consequently, we spell out all acronyms on the first reference, try to define all terms within the context of the piece (parenthetical phrases work well), and visually illustrate most points. The more difficult the subject matter, the more graphs or charts recommended.
- In referring to other studies, formulae, works, or authors, please assume the reader has never heard of the material.
- The Journal uses endnotes, not footnotes
- The Journal refers to The Chicago Manual of Style for stylistic editing and Chicago’s Documentation II for endnotes and references.
- Include an abstract and brief bio that includes the facts about you that are germane to the piece you wrote. The bio should include at least the following information: title(s), designation(s), firm/institution, city/state, school(s)/degree(s), and e-mail address.
- Submit a third file in PDF format containing the full article to ensure allow accurate placement of figures, graphs, and tables
- Submit all figures, graphs, and tables in a second file accessible for textual changes (Font: Times New Roman. Title size: 12pt, and Data size: 10pt).
- Submit the manuscript text in one file in Microsoft Word, full-page format. (Font: Times New Roman, 12pt).
- Submit the manuscript via e-mail to Debbie Nochlin.
Acceptance/Rejection of Manuscripts
- Submitted manuscripts undergo an extensive blind review. The Journal of Investment Consulting Editorial Advisory Board formally scrutinizes each and every submission for relevance, accuracy, and proof of thought. Three or more peer reviewers read each manuscript.
- Before publication, please complete and return the publishing permission form to the Managing Editor. This can be faxed to 303.770.1812. No article will be published without the author's prior written consent.
- Designed proofs will be passed back to you for a final read through before publication.
- Reviewers' comments will be sent to you for your response and any changes you may want to make. Once our editors have your amended copy or changes and the manuscript has been approved for publication, the manuscript will be prepared for publication.
- The Journal of Investment Consulting reserves the right to accept or reject all materials and the editorial advisory board’s decisions are final.
If you have additional questions, please contact Debbie Nochlin, Managing Editor, Journal of Investment Consulting.