Before beginning the CPWA certification process, candidates must demonstrate the following program prerequisites:
There are six steps to attaining the CPWA Certification
1. Submit an application detailing a minimum of five years of experience in financial services or delivering services to high-net-worth clients.
2. Complete the pre-study educational component. Students are provided with reading materials, assignments and online quizzes during the pre-study program.
3. Attend the entire 5-day in-class portion of the program at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
4. Pass the comprehensive examination.
5. Sign a License Agreement, authorizing the use of the mark—CPWA®.
6. Maintain the certification through continuing education and adherence to the IMCA Code of Professional Responsibility.