The CIMA certification program consists of a five-step process built around the “4 Es” of experience, education, examination and ethics. The five-step process is outlined on IMCA’s website, and the online application can be accessed here.
The cost for the certification program ranges between $6,400 and $8,000, depending on a candidate’s preferences. Prices are subject to change.
The payment process for the CIMA certification application and exams is streamlined, with fees for the CIMA program application, qualification exam, and certification exam combined into one enrollment fee, as outlined below.
- $600 for IMCA members (includes application fee, qualification exam fee and certification exam fee).
- $995 for non-members who join IMCA (includes IMCA membership, application fee, qualification exam fee and certification exam fee).
- $1,095 for non-members (includes application fee, qualification exam fee, and certification exam fee).
Note that these fees include one attempt to pass the qualification examination and one attempt to pass the certification examination. Fees for each qualification exam retake attempt are $125 for current IMCA members, $175 for nonmembers; fees for each certification exam retake attempt are $225 IMCA members and $325 nonmembers. Click here
to access the CIMA program application.
Additional fees as part of the certification process include:
Qualification Examination study resources are available for additional fee
- The Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of Business—see website
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business—$5,800 (includes some room and board)
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania—$6,500 (includes room and board)
Initial Licensing Fee
-$105 for current IMCA members
-$500 for nonmembers
Note—Upon completion of the certification program/process, new certificants are responsible for an initial certification fee covering their first certification period. This fee is $105 for current IMCA members, $500 for nonmembers, or $500 for nonmembers who choose to include an IMCA membership ($395 IMCA membership, $105 certification renewal fee). See the CIMA Renewal page for ongoing requirements to maintain certification.