The CIMA® certification is one of the most valued certifications in the investment consulting and wealth management industry. CIMA® professionals manage more assets and have more experience than most financial professionals. The certification helps advisors improve their practice—and deliver an exceptional experience to clients.
Here are six reasons why earning the CIMA® certification is critically important for today’s advanced investment advisors and consultants:
- Investment Management Content—Today’s client demands sophisticated solutions from competent, ethical advisors. The CIMA® certification curriculum provides the knowledge, tools, and strategies to effectively set investment objectives, evaluate and select managers, and manage an investment portfolio for individual or institutional clients.
- Executive Education—In a recent survey, 82% of investors indicated it was important or critical that their advisor met a rigorous set of standards – including education – to be certified. Earning CIMA® certification proves that you are serious about the needs and well-being of your clients. CIMA® certificants must successfully complete an executive education program at one of IMCA’s three registered programs: The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, MIT Sloan School of Management Office of Executive Education or The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Elite Advisors—CIMA® certificants represent the premier investment consulting and wealth management advisors in the industry. With an average AUM of more than $230M, and more than 18 years’ experience, CIMA® professionals represent the top quartile of the advisor community.
- Ethics—Since the financial crisis, the issue of ethics in financial services is a top concern for investors. IMCA® is committed to ethics education, and all CIMA® professionals must adhere to IMCA’s Code of Professional Responsibility, and enforcement of disciplinary violations is handled by a professional review committee of peers.
- Rigor—The CIMA® certification process takes most candidates nine months to a year to complete, but only one in three individuals who start the CIMA® certification process will successfully finish.
- Differentiation—CIMA® certification stands out in a crowded marketplace as the only financial services credential in the U.S. to have met an international standard for personnel certification (ISO 17024) and earned accreditation by American National Standards Institute. Watch the video below to learn more about what this accreditation means to you and to today’s investing public.